Yoga therapy is a client-centered, personalized approach for managing and improving health and overall wellness.
The goal of Healing Through Yoga is to personalize and empower the healing process using an integrative approach; to guide and partner with you as you move towards self-discovery and healing on all levels: physical, energetic, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
Yoga Offers Support, Healing and Management for a Variety of Issues
- Back or neck pain
- Muscle, ligament, or tendon strains in any area of the body
- Joint pain and immobility, including knee, wrist, hip and shoulder joints
- Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease and other neurological issues
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Asthma and other respiratory health issues
- Inflammatory Diseases including Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Digestive issues, including Colitis and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Heart Disease and Hypertension
- Immune deficiencies
Emotional and Mental Health Issues
- Stress management and Anxiety
- Pre-menstrual syndrome, Perimenopause, and Menopause
- Lack of Direction, Purpose and Joy
Yoga Helps with Issues Large and Small
In some cases, such as chronic back pain, yoga is a proven tool that often brings complete relief of symptoms. In other cases, such as chronic disease and mental illness, Yoga Therapists work in partnership with other health care providers to help reduce symptoms and accelerate healing. In all cases, Yoga Therapy can help you live more fully and courageously regardless of your condition.
Yoga Therapy Tools
Yoga Therapy incorporates a variety of methodologies in an individualized program, including:
- Physical Postures (Asanas) – Yoga based movements of the body that specifically target areas of difficulty, weakness, tightness or imbalance.
- Restorative Yoga – Specific relaxation postures designed to remove tension, and gently restore and rebuild strength, often with the assistance of props.
- Breathing (Pranayama) – Breathing practices to energize and nourish the body while calming, clarifying, and balancing the mind.
- Yoga Philosophy – A toolbox of philosophical teachings and practices, or “models” that serve as a direction and framework to your healing process.
- Structural Yoga Therapy – A specialized style of Yoga Therapy that improves structural balance and reduction of pain using assessment tools similar to physical therapy in conjunction with classic Yoga/Ayurveda therapies.
- Ayurveda ( Life-wisdom) – A holistic sister science to Yoga that provides nutritional and lifestyle health guidance to bring optimal balance to your unique constitution.
- Sound – Vibratory and energetic therapy that, through voice, rekindles your relationship with your essential nature, while calming the mind, and soothing the body. Affirmative sounding and “seed” chanting are two powerful integrative therapies offered at Healing Through Yoga.
- Creative Expression and Healing Art – Visual, non-verbal activities including journaling, drawing, mixed media, collage, and painting are used as an outlet and resource to explore, discover, empower, celebrate and transform your relationship with dis-ease at any level.
- Nature – Prescribed contemplative practices held in nature assisted by gentle movement, breath, and meditation to re-connect you to the naturally healing beauty and blessings of the living world, and your Self.
- Ritual – A simple yet deeply meaningful form of Yoga Therapy. Rituals incorporated into your daily life cultivate, refine and celebrate your relationship to what inspires you towards your highest potential for health, happiness and purpose.
- Reframing the Mind – A five step process to optimize the health of the mind through mindfulness, reframing, intention setting, visualization and affirmation.
- Journaling – A supportive tool for self-reflection and self-discovery through journaling your healing process.
- Aromatherapy – The art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize and promote the health of body, mind and spirit.
How to Get Started with Yoga Therapy
Through yoga, you can be guided from wherever you are now—physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually—on a path to optimal health and wellness. The process begins with a phone call and complimentary evaluative consultation. Please call Beth at 719-440-2815 to get started on your personal journey to wellness. For pricing information, click here.