Yoga for Back Health
Yoga and Back Health
Yoga has been used to promote overall wellness and to address and prevent a variety of common ailments, including back-related health issues. Some benefits include:
- Yoga helps increase strength in very specific muscle groups that support the spine.
- The stretching postures in yoga increase healing blood flow to the tissues that support the spine, improving the health of discs and spinal muscles and reducing inflammation and pain.
- Yoga’s focus on mindfulness, breath and movement improves body awareness which helps to make you more conscious of movements and habits that contribute to back pain.
- Yoga poses promote good posture and proper alignment of the spine.
- Yoga reduces tension and stress which helps to relax the back!
A ground-breaking scientific study published in the 2005 Annals of Internal Medicine found therapeutic yoga to be more effective than conventional exercise for low back pain. This exciting study confirms why doctors, back specialists, physical therapists and health care professionals are recommending yoga as an excellent tool for reducing, healing and preventing back pain. The Back to Health program is based on the successful program developed from this study.
The Back to Health Program
The Back to Health program is offered in a workshop and class series format. It is a progressive, experiential program for healing back pain through the therapeutic application of yoga. Back to Health is broken down into thematic teachings that build upon each other and include detailed materials and a home practice. You will learn:
- The Healing Power of the Breath
- How to Develop Deep Inner Core Strength
- How to Develop New, Healthy Postural Habits
- How our Mind and Emotions Influence our Health
- Rest and Relaxation Strategies for Stress Reduction and Healing
- Ways to use Yoga for Specific Back Conditions
- How to Develop a Personal Yoga Therapy Program for Your Long-Term Back Wellness
How to Get Started with Back to Health
View current and upcoming classes, workshops, retreats and monthly gatherings, or please call 719-440-2815 or contact Beth to request more specific information on this program.
Back to Health is offered several times a year at a variety of locations. Please contact Beth to sign up for the program nearest you. Email email@example.com to arrange a consultation to discuss your needs.
Interested in sponsoring a Back to Health workshop or series at your medical facility or yoga studio? Call or email Beth for details.