As Colorado Springs’ only certified Structural Yoga™ Therapist, Beth works with clients who have structural imbalances, injuries, emotional trauma and chronic health challenges by sharing yoga-based methods and techniques for healing.
Beth specializes in low back care and women’s wellness and has a successful private Yoga Therapy practice located in the Briargate Community.
As a Viniyoga teacher, Beth is a creative and compassionate guide, who playfully weaves health-enhancing themes into the classroom using poetry, yoga philosophy, music, metaphor, breath, mindfulness, meditation, contemplation, visualization, affirmation, sound, and Viniyoga-inspired movement explorations. Each class supports the health and well-being of the individual student at all levels—physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual. Classes are held throughout the community as well as in Beth’s lovely home studio.
Yoga for Breast Cancer
As a Yoga Therapist and breast cancer survivor, Beth works in relationship with cancer patients, their families, and their medical team, to create safe, effective, integrative care using the healing power of therapeutic yoga.
Workshop & Retreat Leader
In addition to her class and private therapy schedule, Beth teaches workshops and retreats throughout the region, including Awakening Joy for Women and Yoga for a Healthy Back.
Awakening Joy for Women
Beth’s deepest calling is working with women. She is the creator of Awakening Joy for Women, a thriving yoga and healing arts-inspired program, created solely for helping women lead joyful lives. She is passionate about the health, happiness and well-being of women, and is dedicated to offering life-enhancing yoga workshops, programs, retreats and private coaching services specifically designed to awaken women to their highest potential.
Back to Health
This program helps those recovering from back trauma learn to improve and manage their upper and lower back issues through an intentional series of Yoga movements, breath practice and meditations. Beth holds a certificate of completion through the Pacific Institute of Yoga Therapy for attending Yoga For Optimal Back Health, an advanced therapeutic training for teachers and medical professionals.
To experience a class, series, workshop, or retreat offering, or to schedule a private Yoga Therapy or Awakening Joy for Women’s Mentoring session, please contact Beth at 719-440-2815, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ Beth McCarthy RYT E-500
- Temple of Kriya Yoga, Chicago, Illinois, 2002 ~ 200 Hour Iyengar-inspired Hatha Yoga Teacher Certification
- Structural Yoga Therapy, Boulder, Colorado, 2006 ~ 700 Hour Structural Yoga™ Therapy Certification with Mukunda Tom Stiles
- Essential Low Back Training Certification Program, Seattle, Washington with Robin Rothenberg E-RYT, Certified Viniyoga Yoga Therapist
- Fort Collins Yoga, Colorado, 2008 ~ 200 Hour Viniyoga Certification with River Cummings E -RYT, Certified Viniyoga Yoga Therapist
- Fort Collins Yoga, Colorado, 2010 ~ 500 Hour Viniyoga Certificate of Completion with River Cummings E -RYT, Certified Viniyoga Yoga Therapist
- Yoga for Cancer Survivors with Laura Kupperman E-RYT Certified Integrative Yoga Therapist, Boulder, Colorado, July 2012
- Applied Anatomy and Kinesiology with Asha Wolf DPT, CMA, E-RYT Yoga Workshop, Boulder, Colorado April 2014
- Summer Yoga Therapy Immersion with River Cummings E -RYT, Certified Viniyoga Yoga Therapist Old Town Yoga, Fort Collins, Colorado May through July 2014 Upper Neck, Back and Shoulders, Lower Back Hips, Sacrum and Knees, Anxiety and Depression
- Yoga For Pain Care Intensive through Life is Now with Neil Pearson, Physiotherapist, Certified Yoga Therapist Monument, Colorado July 2014
- Yoga Therapy Two Day Training, Nischala Joy Devi, ROOT Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado, August 2016
- Advanced Functional Yoga Therapy Six Day Training with Maria Mendola, E-RYT, Certified Integrative and Structural Yoga Therapist, Tuscan, Arizona, October 2016
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher (E-RYT 500)
- Member of the Yoga Teachers of Colorado Springs